m

Monday, June 26, 2006

Taking the Plunge

When I was younger I was always quick to make a commitment, but often found it hard to maintain it. I would often find myself overwhelmed, over extended, and in need to step back from something. I am pretty over extended at this time, with the Houston Business Show, HoustonBusiness.com, Houston Business Review, eight kids (no typo), etc., so adding a Blog commitment seemed a little ridiculous. However, I see Blogs everywhere on the web and I have read untold articles about the growth of their popularity. I met recently with Karen Love of PKF and she has told me that it has dramatically affected their marketing efforts in a very positive way. Phil O'Hara of DirectoryOne.com was even more direct, telling me that the work I do and the people I meet would be of interest to others. So, we will see.

Although I have read other Blogs, I have no idea what a good blog looks like. Friends tell me that although length is nice, frequency is imperative. I am told the more opinionated the better (this should come natural to me). Talking about others I know or work with is interesting (maybe the same reason why People and other personality driven publications are popular). I know that the ones I like talk about subjects that are important and for me and this forum, what's important to business. I might sneak in a little politics and other current event commentary as well, since those often affect business. A couple of friends suggested I make a separate Blog just for politics, but again, that requires commitment. We will see.

Anyone with opinions about Blogging that I might find helpful, let me know, because this is for the readers entertainment and, hopefully, information.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

I think that I can see what I am doing wrong now. I don't appear to have opinions. Well not the sort to cause anyone any grief. I see blogs that have hundreds of comments but they are to do with how to increase the wizardry of your blog. Maybe you would get more hits if you were promoting a spell checker? Anyway, hoipe you get what you want.

5:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home