m

Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Among the Reasons I Like Fox business

I have been a faithful viewer of Fox News for years and I was giddy as a young teenager at a Hanna Montana concert as I waited for the launch of Fox Business last October. I have not been disappointed. Fox Business has made extraordinary strides in bridging the divide between Wall Street and Main Street, it has developed a personality driven network (versus purely an issue focus) that is necessary in producing quality programming, and it has more resources available on finance and business than any other network (aided recently with its purchase of the Wall Street Journal.

Fox Business is also very entrepreneurial. In spite of the vast resources of its parent company, News Corp, the network has used some good old fashioned guerilla marketing to get the word out on the network. Recently, I wrote a post about Neil Cavuto's absence at Fox Business due to his battle with MS (fortunately he is back). Within a day of that post I received a call from Fox Business thanking me for the article and to see if I would be interested in having Cavuto and other personalities on my show. My decision required very little deliberation.

Before I received that call I had already enjoyed visits with Jonathan Hoenig of Capitalist Pig (a regular on Fox's popular Cashin' In) and Charles Payne of Wall Street Strategies (and a regular on Money for Breakfast). Everyone associated with the network is eager to get the word out to others. Since the network has contacted me I have had great interviews with Alexis Glick (Vice President of Business News and an anchor of Money for Breakfast) and David Asman (Forbes on Fox and America's Nightly Scoreboard). In the next few weeks I am scheduled to interview Neil Cavuto (Managing Editor of Fox Business and anchor), someone whom I have long been interested in having on the show.

Besides being an innovative approach to marketing, the contacting of Fox Business to our media only reinforces its commitment to Main Street business, because that is what my show is largely about. Just one more reason Fox Business is one of my favorite networks.



Kevin Price's articles are found daily in national publications such as USA Today, Chicago Sun Times, and Reuters. Subscribe to his newsletter here.



Kevin Price is Host of the Houston Business Show (M-F at 11 AM on CNN 650) and Publisher of the Houston Business Review.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hear Fox news is great, but I can't find it where I live.

7:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hear Fox news is great, but I can't find it where I live.

7:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home