m

Monday, November 06, 2006

Campaign Spending Reaches Record Highs







Fox News reports that campaign spending for this off-year election will reach levels that are roughly twice as high as it did four years ago. We are expecting spending at $3.1 billion and I'm sure the news networks are crying all the way to the bank. But they are not the only ones, the Internet has enjoyed an eight-fold increase in campaign spending in the same time frame. I find most of these commercials little more than irritating and largely full of half truths. When I was a kid, Halloween was a little scarey, but the political rhetoric we hear 24/7 during that time and a week or so later is a real nightmare.

I will certainly be glad when this election is over, it is one of the most negative and irresponsible ones I have seen in years. Furthermore, the expectations on the economy that the Democrats have made for the voters will likely haunt them for years. I always try to be as positive as possible about our future and there are plenty of things to be optimistic about, but I have great concerns about the future of electoral politics.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home