m

Sunday, June 15, 2008

An Empty Chair at "Meet the Press"

I was on the road this Sunday morning, going with two of my boys to Boy Scout camp. I guess I was practicing being a dad on this Fathers Day. That activity made me think of a man who has come to symbolize fatherhood and one who has dominated the weekend news. That would be Tim Russert, who died suddenly on Friday.
As a result of my travels, I was unable to watch Meet the Press at its appointed time, but I wondered about the program often through out the day. Who would host? What would be the show topics? Who would be the guests? Thanks to the power of the Internet, I found out the answers to all these questions and more.

Tom Brokaw hosted, but as you will see from this video clip, he kept a healthy distance from the host's chair. Furthermore, Brokaw's words could not have been better in what I must describe as a very emotional and powerful program. I will allow it to "speak for itself."
According to recent surveys on marketing, most advertising attracts sellers (others who want you to buy more ads) and not buyers. Do you want to know why? Email info@HoustonBusinessShow.com and put "marketing audio" in the subject line and we will get it to you.

Kevin Price is Host of the Houston Business Show (M-F at 11 AM on CNN 650) and Publisher of the Houston Business Review. Hear the show live and online at HoustonBusinessShow.com. Visit the archive of past shows here.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home