m

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Spending a Little Time in Tomorrow

I can't believe I'm admitting it, but Wired Magazine is quickly becoming one of my favorite magazines. I never fancied myself as a "computer geek" and wired is much more than the official handbook for that crowd. Wired Magazine is actually a sneak peak into the future.

In recent months I read an excellent article about how Rupert Murdoch is changing the world of information through Internet acquisitions. I also picked up on a concept called "Crowdsourcing" that is going to impact the world in a manner similar to globalization in the 1990s. And I also read about the eventual death of newspapers and how they will be replaced with cheap digital screens that can be rolled up and put in one's back pocket. From it one would be able to read up to the minute news from around the world online. Good bye newspapers.

"Wired" is much more than a tribute to the elements inside of technology. Wired asks the question, am I "wired" into what is going on today and am informed about tomorrow? Wired keeps me connected to now and the rapidly changing tomorrow. It is must reading to everyone, regardless of what they do for a living.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home