m

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Are We Like Sheep?

Are we like sheep? Texas independent candidate for Governor Kinky Friedman seems to think so. When I first saw an ad of the candidate walking around with a lamb in his arms and quoting the Bible while making an analogy that puts him in a position of that of Jesus, with us as his sheep, I almost thought he was joking. Making parallels between Jesus and one self is pretty bold in and of itself. Further, treating the voters like they need to be taken care of like mindless sheep is down right outrageous. Most Texans I know don't see themselves as defenseless mild mannered creatures that need to be handled. Rather, they see themselves as decisive individuals who want to elect individuals that will represent our interests, make policies that maintain our freedom, and actually serve us. I, for one, have a good shepherd and he isn't running for governor.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't you think those who govern should care for us?

11:08 PM  
Blogger Kevin Price said...

I think they certainly care ABOUT us, but I'm not the government's pet and I don't want to be treated that way. I believe that is a sentiment that is common among most Americans.

11:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home