m

Thursday, October 05, 2006

E.D. Hill's Quick Departure from Fox & Friends

Although I host a show on CNN 65o, one of my favorite sources for information is Fox News. In fact, for several years now, I have begun my day with Fox & Friends and, without a doubt, my favorite personality on that program was E.D. Hill. In fact, she has been my favorite female TV news personality. She is very smart, attractive, and has solid common sense in the way she approaches a story. Unfortunately, I won't be seeing her approaching stories any longer on Fox & Friends. She was pulled from the popular program at the end of September and now anchors Fox News at 9:30 to 10:30 am (Central). This latter show is, in my opinion, little more than filler and can only be seen as a demotion.

I thought the personalities of the show made a great team, but ED made it excellent. While her colleagues joked around she found dimensions to stories that others either ignored or didn't understand. In addition to being a bad choice to pull from the program (there was no need to change anyone, in my opinion), they failed to give her the goodbye that was appropriate for a person who had served a show so well. The Katy Couric farewell tour may have been too much, but the E.D. Hill ejection seat was ridiculous. She was literally here today and gone tomorrow. "Hey, where'd she go?" I hope they bring her back to a time that will have her seen. I would love for her to go head on against Couric and the other talking heads on the evening news. I also hope that Fox News treats the departure of future personalities in a manner that is more appropriate.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where's Steve and Brian, I believe they sold out...bring E.D. back...

6:25 PM  
Blogger Kevin Price said...

I agree with you, but it appears there were "tensions" between the three hosts, but you would think self interest would prevail. The ratings will suffer with this new trio and E.D. isn't the same on her own.

12:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not only that; apparently she's not being renewed at all, either....wow, what a rough business....will we ever see her again?

12:34 PM  
Blogger Kevin Price said...

It is a VERY rough business. I can barely stomach it. I have no idea where or whether we will see her again. She called herself the "token moderate" on a largely conservative network. I really felt she was excellent and strove to be "fair and balanced." We will have to see.

1:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home