m

Sunday, November 26, 2006

The Quest for Good News


Recently I saw a story on TV, I believe on CBS, discussing about how difficult it is to find "good news" and how that has contributed to the decline of newspapers. It was interesting to watch the reporter go through shelf after shelf of old newspapers in the search of good news stories. Eventually she found a few, but I thought it greatly demonstrated the continued decline of old media. It wasn't that the newspapers only have bad news (certainly largely true), it is that the search of any stories are so inefficient in newspapers.

When I want to find good news, I simply put in "good news" in Google and I am impressed by what I find. One directory made by Google provided virtually all the good news stories a person would need -- or even want (it came on a little thick). There I found heroic stories, happy stories, positive news, and more. It was as simple as putting two words in my Google search engine.

Time is of the essence and the Internet is one of the most powerful tools used to redeem time. The problem of print media in our day and time isn't mere bad news, but inefficiently delivered information. It is just one more example of how the Internet is changing everything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home