m

Sunday, December 17, 2006

Blog Humbug!


I must say that, although I like Christmas and it is one of my favorite holidays, it is also full of frustrations. This is particularly true after I started my own business. Unlike all of the retail businesses that benefit from the holdiday season, many of us who don't own stores find these slow times in deed. I can handle it, I just don't like it.

Furthermore, I've gotten spoiled when it comes to my blogs. I typically get numerous comments or (even more so) emails and people are simply too busy to spend time reading entries. In fact, most of the comments I have received are of the affect, "how do you find the time to write blogs this time of the year." Nothing on whether they agreed or disagreed, but how did I find the time.

I write in my blog because it is actually enjoyable and I'm amazed at where my quotes show up and how often. I also enjoy the feedback that comes with it. I've even seen them in foreign languages (I wonder what the comments are under them, though). I continue to write during this season because I'm really a creature of habit. It took a great deal of effort to get in the habit of blogging daily, but I think I could get out of that habit relatively quickly. So, I blog on!

By the way, I thought I was particularly clever with my blog title, "Blog Humbug!" Unfortunately for me, I found over 600 entries on Google using the exact same expression. Also, as an aside, the above photo isn't of me, although I would love such evening wear, but it reflects so nicely the struggle of blogging this time of year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home