m

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Britney Spears' Buzz

I'm sure regular readers of this blog are shocked to see an entry on Britney Spears, but I felt I had to in light of the conversations I have had with many of my colleagues recently. It seems whenever I meet business associates or friends, the topic of my blog continues to pop up. Lately, most of those conversations have ended with questions about when I was going to write about the latest celebrity bad girl.

Mind you, most of my colleagues are men in the age range of mid 30s through the 50s and their interest seems to be clearly tongue in cheek. But for some reason it is always Britney -- not Rosie, not Tom Cruise, not even Donald Trump -- that comes up.

I mentioned this to one of my friends and associates, Andy Valadez of Marketing Dynamics and he suggested that it was probably due to the large number of searches that are done with her name. Makes sense, so what would a fee market, pro-business, largely conservative blogger like myself write about Britney? Well, here a few possible topics:

* "Britney Without Panties -- Good for the undergarment Industry or Bad for Wall Street?" (or the other way around). I've seen so much mention of her choice (or lack of choice) of underwear, and to hear the comments, one would almost think this is important. From how many stories I have seen on it, it appears we have had several slow news days.

* "Britney's Step by Step Guide to Winning Child Custody in a Divorce." Such a book would be only one or two pages long and with very large print, but if they changed it to "How Not To..." it would be encyclopedic in scope.

* "To Fade Away or to Crash and Burn: Britney Weighs Her Options." Britney strikes me as simply one in a long series of teeny bop stars who either disappear or crash and burn. She seemed to try the former and is now out working the latter, but I wonder if either is working for her.

In the end, I will simply write that I don't really care, though I hope she becomes a decent parent for her children and figures out how to be happy. I also hope I get picked up in more Google searches, since she remains the center of so many conversations.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved it! Hularios (misspelled intentionally)! Hope you get lot's of web hits, thanks for the plug my brother.

Sincerely,

Andy Valadez
Marketing Dynamics

8:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home