m

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Entering the 21st Century


It feels as though I have finally entered the 21st century. I purchased a truly modern cell phone. I thought about buying a Blackberry, but never really thought I would need it. It seemed like over kill, but I purchased the T-Mobile Dash, which has most of the same bells and whistles, but at a lower price than the Blackberry.

It has it all -- web access, multi-media, easy to use email, etc. It is almost like a mini-computer (not to mention a top of the line cell phone, video player, etc.). Like any new technology -- cell phones, DVDs, computers, etc. -- you eventually wondered how you got by without such for all those years. That feeling came within about 30 minutes of getting my hands on a Dash. In fact, I felt stupid waiting so long to buy a phone like it (and I'm now looking at even better equipped phones, but please don't tell my wife).

One of my biggest interests are the major technological and other trends that are changing the economy and society. I love to chronicle them in this blog. With the purchase of a Dash, I can safely say that old cell phones are history as the proliferation of such technology drives the price of these phones down and the envy spreads as people share their phones with others. Another victim of this technology will be the old media such as print (newspapers, magazines and probably even books). With this browser and its ability to make the pages conform to the screen (e.g., this blog looks great on my Dash), I will read what I want, when I want, and such technology will make print publications obsolete. With multi-media capabilities, radio and TV will continue to be challenged by technology like the Dash. It is truly a brave new world of technology.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home