m

Friday, January 05, 2007

Donald Trump Finds Himself in the News for a Good Cause

Lately, almost all the news on Donald Trump as of late has been bad, so it was refreshing to see him in line giving praise and even money to Wesley Autry, the 50 year old man who jumped on a New York subway rail in order to rescue a young man who was suffering from a seizure. With only seconds to spare he saved the day and provided an example that is inspirational to all of us.

Donald Trump gave the 50 year old construction worker $10,000.00 as a reward for his heroics. In return, Trump received, what I'm sure, is a warm and fuzzy feeling for his act of kindness and newspapers all over the world reporting on his goodwill gesture. Countries included New Zealand, Canada, Ireland, and many more wrote articles about his action. I believe that people are fairly cynical, and the media more so than most, but I saw virtually no questioning of Trump's motives. We should all want to praise Autry for such a selfless, heroic, and inspirational act and am glad to see such behavior rewarded in light of the trash we see that appears to be profitable.

I went ahead and did a little research to see how many references I could find on Donald's generosity in Google's news section and using very specific search criteria, I found over 680 references and as I mentioned earlier, they were all over the world. You can't buy publicity like that! Unless you are Donald Trump, than you can do it for a mere $10,000.00.

Don't get me wrong, this isn't entirely critical. He made a nice gesture. I'm just amazed how he always seems to turn a profit, no matter what his actions.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home