m

Friday, January 05, 2007

Minimum Wage Increase is Still a Bad Idea

The new US Congress has convened and about the only issue that is being discussed as achievable is a minimum wage increase. Back in August 2006 I wrote a blog entry about this subject and virtually everything in it is the same now as it was then...minimum wage increases do far more harm than good. The only thing that doesn't hold up is that I indicated Republicans might support it in order to get reelected in 2006. You saw how well it helped them when they tried to express approval of it in the last election cycle. Instead, I sadly expect Republicans to get back on this bandwagon again in hope for a payoff in 2008.

Instead of simply rewriting my thoughts here, I resubmit to you my thoughts from August 11, 2006. Minimum wage is still minimal thinking.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home