m

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

What I Read: Mediabistro

One of my favorite e-zines and websites is Mediabistro. It has extremely useful information and is one item that comes in my email that I find very difficult to delete.

* Just this week I found out who some of the personnel are going to be at the new Fox Business Network.

* I learned that over 3/4th of all Internet users used streaming video in May (important to me because Houston Business Media Group is moving in that direction).

* In spite of the surge in video, they have had no effect on the number of people who watch TV and how much that watch it (good, since we are looking at that media as well).

* That Mediabistro was sold for $23 million. This is certainly a little proof of its worthiness.

I suggest if you are at all interested in media trends and if you want to know what is going to happen before the morning newspapers (often the case with Mediabistro), I suggest you become a member. It doesn't cost a penny (just a little time to fill out a form) and the information you get is entertaining, interesting, and often valuable. There are premium services for a price, but I found plenty of great information that is free. No, I'm not getting paid to write this recommendation. I'm doing it, because I think it could make a difference to anyone interested in the business of media.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home