m

Sunday, January 20, 2008

When will Christmas Commercials End?

Usually I complain about Christmas starting too early. I saw commercials as early as October last year. Well, here we are late in January and we are still seeing Christmas theme ads.

No, it is not that "Christmas is right around the corner" spot and you better order online quickly, it wasn't a reminder to pick up something for an in-law, or a list of suggested stocking items. Instead we are told by Special K that you can stop looking like Santa Claus by choosing a large variety of their weight conscious products.

Tonight, I saw a Verizon commercial that reminds me that you can still find their cell phones still on sale. This ad comes with Christmas lights, music, and even a festive phone that reminds us of the season.
I like Christmas. I actually hate to see the season end. But I am not sure what I will do if I see one more Christmas spot.
Kevin Price is Host of the Houston Business Show (M-F at 11 AM on CNN 650) and Publisher of the Houston Business Review. Hear the show live and online at HoustonBusinessShow.com. Visit the archive of past shows here.

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let's see... you said that the commercials began in October and are pushing February. So that has us spending roughly half of the year in Christmas! Don't forget Christmas in July.

11:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm finding myself becoming a scrooge too.

I'm tired about of the commercials and am ready to boycott the whole season.

8:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sick of Christmas too. Every year we hear about "Christmas is too comercial" and we don't do anything about it. Is there anything more commercial than this???

8:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home