m

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Staples Reading BizPlusBlog

Today I received a call from a spokes person of Staple Office Supplies and she just wanted to mention that the box store is moving to Houston. I was delighted to be informed and have written about the company often in BizPlusBlog. Further, I wanted to compare them to the mainstay in Houston, Office Depot.

Vanessa Astros (of the Fleishman-Hillard Agency, which represents Staples) was quick to tell me that "I read your blog on March 13 about how there were no Staples stores in Houston, and I thought to myself...wow, this is perfect timing! Staples will open four stores this year, including the first store on Almeda-Genoa and I-45. It's a real neat story because, as you said, it brings competition and options for consumers." Yes, I am a big fan of competition and am looking forward to seeing a Staples in our area.

Four stores is a pretty aggressive effort and I am looking forward to having one added in my area. Furthermore, she said that there would be a couple more added in 2009. The first one is having it's grand opening next week. It will be interesting to see how many Houstonians will press the "Smart Button."

For a copy of the free report, "Why Your Marketing Isn't Working," email Info@HoustonBusinessShow.com and put "marketing" in the subject line.

Kevin Price is Host of the Houston Business Show (M-F at 11 AM on CNN 650) and Publisher of the Houston Business Review. Hear the show live and online at HoustonBusinessShow.com. Visit the archive of past shows here.

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's funny.

9:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home