m

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Blog Entries That Didn't Make It


I was curious to research how many blog entries I have created that didn't get posted. First of all, I was excited to see that I'm approaching 100 after only doing this for a few months. Furthermore, I was also pleased to see how few of my blog entries I deemed unworthy of submitting. However, any that are listed and weren't posted are a source of frustration for me because they seem to reflect wasted effort. So here is a list of some of them and why I didn't post them:

* The Unforgivable Sin in Business. I actually think I rewrote this one with a different name and title, or I concluded I was just too angry to post it. It came after I had dealt with some people who simply fell off the earth (didn't return calls, etc.). This kind of passive aggressive behavior drives me crazy.

* When Failure is a Good Thing. Don't be surprised if you see this get posted. I'm a big advocate on the value of failure. In fact, one of the main reasons I have my kids in competitive sports activities is so they can occasionally lose and hopefully do so enough times to overcome a fear of failure. I didn't post it because I got distracted by more "urgent" items, but this is an important topic.

* Too Many Celebrities. With Rachael Ray coming to national TV and her being depicted as a virtual rock star, I had just about reached my limits. In the old days (I can see my kids yawn), there were far fewer TV shows and other media, and, thus fewer celebrities. Now, with hundreds of channels, thousands of websites, and untold other media there are now thousands of so-called celebrities. I think we, as a culture, have suffered from "celebrity inflation." With the sheer volume of wannabes that often get a massive media platform, the quality of entertainment has certainly declined. I'm not sure why I didn't post this, but I feel better having had got it off of my chest here.

These are just a few of the dozen or so that didn't make it, but I think that all of them had merit at the time. I'm sure I will review more in the days to come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home