m

Monday, January 22, 2007

Why Can't Blogger Spell "Blog"?

I love to write and have done it for many years, but any reader of this blog can appreciate the fact that I need a spell check. Often my entries includes terms such as "blogs," "blog", "blogging," etc. You would think that a website such as "Blogger" would easily approve such terms. Think again, any word that has the root "blog" turns up as misspelled on this site.

To me, this doesn't make sense. How is it possible? This is a Google owned company and not some minor player on the Web. I've spoken to friends and colleagues and they seem as confused as I am. My oldest son, KJ, thinks that Blogger may use the Microsoft Word spell check for corrections. If that is so, it is using earlier editions because I believe the most recent Word includes blog.

Whatever the case, I think this demonstrates how rapidly things are changing. So amazing are the shifts that even a company like Google has difficulty keeping up with them and incorporating them in a site that is as important as Blogger.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home