m

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Do-Gooders are After Your Cell Phone

I'm concerned about the Do-gooder police. Sure, I don't smoke (and hate smoking), but I don't like it when the government tells restaurants they can't allow smoking. Before such impositions, I simply avoided restaurants that had too much smoke.

If that wasn't bad enough, that was followed by a move by some to force restaurants to serve healthy food. You can already say "goodbye" to trans fats (why french fries taste great, in my opinion) and soon to other things that simply makes food more tasty. Laws against such fats were passed in New York City and restaurants across the country were seeing that the writing was on the wall as franchises began to pull such from their ingredients.

Now Do-gooders are aiming at your cell phone. Maybe it is in the name of noise pollution or mere irritation, but they want to take your phone away from you. Restaurants are already beginning to require such ("Please turn off your phone while dining here"). Right now it is only voluntary with restaurants making that choice. As long as it stays that way, I'm fine with it. But knowing those Do-gooders, I wouldn't hold my breath. They might make that illegal too.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home