m

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Remembering September 11th

Everyone remembers where they were on September 11th. In my case I was watching the Today Show and Matt Lauer announced the first plane crashing. Because of the enormous size of the building, Lauer actually first thought the plane was a small private one. He soon realized it was much more and what happened was far from an accident. By the end of the day it became evident that the US was under attack and at war.

I personally doubted that we would be in the solid position that we are in today when it comes to the over all sense of security, our economic prosperity, and over all sense of well being. I felt on that day that the clouds of fear and terror that seem to cover that day would be with us for years to come. When I think of how little harassment we have faced since that time in this country, I have to conclude the war on terror is working. Furthermore, it makes a great deal of sense to keep the war "over there" rather than retreat from that region and move it over here.
I'm not trying to get political, I'm trying to remind others that we were on the defense six years ago today. At this time, we are on the offensive and that is a much more secure place to be.
Receive a free subscription to the HoustonBusinessReview.com newsletter by clicking here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home