m

Monday, February 25, 2008

"Business Rivals" on Fox Business

I like business news in general -- which is why my kids think I am incredibly boring, but I tend to love the Fox Business Channel in particular. Fox Business is very personality driven and seems to be dedicated to coming up with ways of keeping the network relevant and interesting.

An example of this is the network's new "Business Rivals" segment on its Money for Breakfast program. The premise is simple, and is summed up by the network here:

"Starting on Feb. 25, each week Money for Breakfast presents a segment on the country's greatest business rivals and tells their stories. From Coke vs. Pepsi to Avis vs. Hertz to Microsoft vs. Apple to some even lesser known combatants – all of which you the viewer can help nominate. E-mail your comments and suggestions to rivalries@foxbusiness.com."


"We will look at how the rivalries came to pass and why they remain so heated -- i.e. the Coke - Pepsi fracas at Wal-Mart. We will then post each segment right here at FOXBusiness.com, and ask you to vote for America's Greatest Rivalry. "

I saw the first one today -- Wal-Mart vs. Target -- and they give a great overview of both companies, as well as their strengths and weaknesses. I assume they will be adding more information as the weeks go by, so we can make make a more reasonable vote. I vote for Wal-Mart, although I like both stores (if you want to know why, simply put "Wal-Mart" in this blog's search engine and you will see why I came to that conclusion).

They already have a list of other rivalries that you will want to watch in the weeks to come that you can see here. I will comment about many of those, I am sure. It is this different approach to business television that makes Fox Business so successful, in my opinion.

Kevin Price is Host of the Houston Business Show (M-F at 11 AM on CNN 650) and Publisher of the Houston Business Review. Hear the show live and online at HoustonBusinessShow.com. Visit the archive of past shows here.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I like Fox too. It suprises me you are a CNN guy!

5:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Target gives me low prices and a place I can tolerate. Target gets my vote

9:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's a decent feature, better than traditional business news, but it still lacks depth.

9:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fox is clearly the best news network out there and I'm sure we will feel the same about it's business channel. Smart TV

2:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home