m

Monday, March 03, 2008

On the Show: Neil Bush on His Unique Family and More

For a short time the Houston Business Show was at 7 AM and called "The Houston Business Hour." Fortunately for me, both the name and the time have changed. However, I did enjoy the opportunity to do a number of important and interesting interviews. One of my favorites was with Neil Bush, the younger brother of President George Bush and son of Bush 41.

What I enjoyed most about the interview is that Bush was an extremely "average" guy. He could be someone I would enjoy coffee with (and in fact have), go play golf, or simply hang out together. His up bringing and mine couldn't be more different. He came from a political dynasty that is one of the most famous in US history. Virtually everyone in his family went to and graduated from some of the nation's most prestigious universities and often got multiple degrees. I came from a very blue collar home with parents who simply hoped that each of their children would finish high school. I became the first in my family on either side to actually graduate from college. In my home, it was some what easy to be an over achiever and in his home, that was a virtual impossibility.

But again, he was a great guy and one of the most enjoyable interviews I have ever had. For those who missed it, I am displaying the first of the segments. Check them out and enjoy them. For those heard the show before, see the video. I hope you enjoy it as much I did. See all of my interviews with Neil Bush here. The program was produced and directed by Marketing Dynamics and Andy Valadez.
Kevin Price is Host of the Houston Business Show (M-F at 11 AM on CNN 650) and Publisher of the Houston Business Review. Hear the show live and online at HoustonBusinessShow.com. Visit the archive of past shows here.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Neil Bush sure gets trashed alot in the media.

1:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home