m

Tuesday, March 04, 2008

On the Show: Stephen Moore of the Wall Street Journal

Stephen Moore of the Wall Street Journal is an old friend of mine whom I have known for 20 years. When I first met him, he was with the Heritage Foundation and I was working with the National Center for Public Policy Research.

Over the years he wrote a book for an organization I was the President of, led the charge in getting a book I wrote (Empowerment to the People) excellent attention on the political landscape, and we have worked together on many endeavors. Stephen got Congressman Dick Armey (than House Republican Leader) to write an endorsement of my book and got a copy of it with Armey's recommendation, in the hands of every Republican Member of Congress.

He has been a frequent guest on my show(s) over the years. Not because of his relationship, but because he has one of the finest minds in economics today. He's sharp. optimistic, and passionate. You can get an example of his brilliance in the excerpt from an interview with him here on a recent Houston Business Show. Also, you can hear him tomorrow at 11 AM on the Houston Business Show.

Kevin Price is Host of the Houston Business Show (M-F at 11 AM on CNN 650) and Publisher of the Houston Business Review. Hear the show live and online at HoustonBusinessShow.com. Visit the archive of past shows here.

Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like Steve too, but he doesn't seem as optimistic as he use to in recent interviews. Do you know why?

6:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't have time to hear your show often. I love your archives which allow me to listen when I want. I like it even better that you post interviews from there on your blog.

10:58 AM  
Blogger Kevin Price said...

I think for the long term, Moore is very up beat. I just believe that he joins many of us who are amazed at the way Republicans have distanced themselves from the positions that have made them successful -- less government, lower taxes, sound fiscal policy. That is bad news in the short term.

6:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home